Tip 10 of 25…. of getting more fruit and veg into your life.
Upgrade your potato options
Sweet potatoes have a far greater nutritional value than standard white potatoes.
If switching to sweet potato mash is initially too much of a stretch, consider mixing the two to start.
Or baked spicy sweet potato wedges instead of chips:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste
(Tip: you may find it easier to cut the sweet potatoes if you microwave them for a couple of minutes)
- Heat oven to 200° C / 400° F .
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and gently coat with oil.
- Season with chili powder, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until brown and tender.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.